Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wicked Impulses

When I am completely honest I have to admit that sometimes I have some slightly wicked impulses. The fact that my beloved Max is (among her many charms) slightly gullible can make these impulses well nigh impossible to withstand. Such an event occurred last night.....

Max and I were watching a really dumb movie that was nonetheless pretty scary. It was called "The Vanishing" or some such. In the movie, people (of course) vanished, leaving their clothes behind as if they had just de-materialized from inside them. It actually made us scream like little girls a couple of times. During the movie, there was a flash of light out our back window where there shouldn't be any light -- no traffic back there in the woods. Max asked me to pause the movie so she could go check and see what it was. Knowing she was a little freaked by the movie, I told her "I'm right behind you."

Now, my intentions really were good. I was going to go with her. But as I got to the door and saw that Max was already out in the (empty) yard, I was struck with inspiration. I stepped back into the kitchen and took off all my clothes and arranged them in the floor to look like I had simply vanished from within them. And then I took my naked butt to the bedroom to hide.

Gratification was swift. In no time I heard Max come in the kitchen -- and start SCREAMING! I had to come out right away, because I was laughing so hard I would have given myself away anyhow.

Ahhhhh.... most satisfying. Except one small thing.... We all know what they say about paybacks....

No comments: